Friday 19 April 2013

Models own - snowflake varnish

I've wanted to try a Models Own nail polish for a while now, so after reading a blogpost about their new 'Wonderland Collection' I knew I had to buy one. I opted for 'Snowflakes', a clear-ish glitter polish with iridescent foil flakes, which immediately caught my eye.


I found the flakes quite big so it was difficult to position them on the nail without any overlap. They also dry with a flaky 3D texture (no one likes the feeling of flaky nails), so I used a clear topcoat to give a smoother more polished finish. In the below picture I have used 3 coats.

My only down fall with this product is it takes AGES to dry, so be prepared to wait around for them to dry! Although, it is worth it when it's finished :-) Also, make sure between each layer the vanish is completely dry, if not at the end it wont set and will turn into a thick blob that you will be able to just rub off which will never set, so it's important to make sure all coats ate dry in between layers and you don't make them too thick!

I cannot wait to try this over other nail polish colours! especially some pastel shades and black!! I would highly recommend this product! As you can jazz up any nail colour!!


This retail at £5 and you can buy it online at www.boots.co.uk.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs