Wednesday 4 September 2013

Bourjois products review

Hiya Girlies,

 

So I’ve been a bit naughty even though I am going on holiday in 3 weeks, I decided to treat myself to a few payday goodies that I have longed for, for a while now. Who can resist the 3 for 2 offer that boots currently have on? (not me!)

 

 

Bourjois Paris Bronzing Primer - £9.99


This product is now a staple in my make up routine, this is so quick to apply because it is a foamy moose. After applying my foundation and concealers, I dab my stippling brush into the pot and dab this along my cheek bone and then blend in. simple! It takes the same amount of time it would to apply a bronzing powder but look a lot more natural because it blends in with your foundation. I then apply my normal powder on top to set my foundation and the bronzing primer. I find this product also lasts a lot longer than my bronzing powder because it doesn’t sit on your face and easily wiped off like a powder, it blends in with your foundation and then you set it with a powder. Beautiful! I can now see why there was only one pot left on the bourjois stand! 

 


Bourjois Delice De Soleil Bronzing Foundation - £9.99


This product is meant to be a mineral powder foundation so it has quiet heavy coverage as a powder and low coverage as a foundation. This reminds me of the bare essentials mineral foundations, but a cheaper alternative. This is brilliant if you are changing skin colour by tanning etc as you can mix the two colours together to create the right foundation for you. I have been using this in the day on its own over a moisturiser, and over a foundation as a powder for a heaver look, for nights out. I originally bought this product because I thought the two shades would be brilliant for contouring your face because the colours are matte and the perfect shades for contouring. So I use the darker shade along my cheek bone, on my temples, along my jaw line and down each side of my nose and the lighter shade on my cheeks, down my nose, between my cheek bone and jaw line, on my forehead and on my chin. This is now my fav product for countering as it blends out really easy and looks really natural. I bought this in shade 03.


Bourjois Java Loose Powder - £9.99 (my freebie)


I have to admit, this product originally caught my eye for its limited edition vintage packaging (how gorgeous!?) this looks beautiful on my dressing table as it really gives it that vintage look. Packaging aside, this product is a skin illuminator so works brilliantly as a subtle highlighter. This reminds me of MAC’s strobe cream as it gives the same sort of look once it is brushed lightly all over your face. I like to use this over my foundation on the areas I would like to highlight such as on my cheeks, down my nose, between my cheek bone and jaw line, on my forehead and on my chin. For people that struggle with oily skin and can’t really use MAC’s strobe cream because of this or people that are on a budget or prefer powder illuminators, this product is a really good alternative because as well as matting your face it gives it an illuminating look at the same time.

 


Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm - £2.99

 

Now how could I resist this cute packaging when I came to the till? The lady on the counter saw me looking at this product and then told me how amazing it was and it was the lip balm she was wearing. Her lips were a subtle pink so I thought I would pick this up for when I am at work. This smells (and tastes) like cherry! Its defiantly the best smelling lip balm I have (apart from the body shop lip butters) but really light on your lips without being greasy. It gives you a subtle pink shade, moisturises your lips and tastes gorge! (what’s not to like for £2.99?) I have this in shade Pink Punch.



Here are the swatches of the products:

 

 

(L-R  Bronzing primer, bronzing foundation light shade, bronzing foundation dark shade, java loose powder, baby lips)

 

Xxx

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs